Monday, March 7, 2011

Potatoes Romanoff

    Since St. Patrick's Day is on it's way,here is a great potato side dish to fit the season.I found this recipe in a recent Williams-Sonoma catalog,and am I so glad I did!So delicious!The recipe calls for shallots,but today,I only had onions in the house,so that is what I used.I also used Kerrygold white Irish cheddar cheese(made with a touch of whiskey-to fit the season)!This is an easy side dish,and would be a great additon to any meal!
Ingredients:
3 large russet potatoes,unpeeled & scrubbed
1/4 c. minced shallots(or onion)
2-1/2 c. grated white cheddar cheese
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. of white pepper(I used black)
1-1/2 c. sour cream
Heat the oven to 425 degrees.Pierce the potatoes with a fork and bake until tender,approximately one hour.Remove from the oven and let cool.Cover with plastic ,and refrigerate overnight.
Grate the potatoes using a food processor or a box grater.Place in a bowl,and add the shallots, 1-3/4c of the cheddar,salt & pepper.Toss together gently.Fold in the sour cream.Place the mixture in a baking dish.Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment